RN - Registered Nurse - Full-Time & PRN
Rebound Behavioral Health is currently seeking Full-time & PRN Registered Nurses available Nights and Weekends. Rebound Behavioral Health is a 63 bed adult, acute inpatient psychiatric and substance abuse treatment facility located in Lancaster, SC (20 miles south of Charlotte, NC). Rebound offers a high-quality, comprehensive benefit package to our employees including:
- Annual vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Group Health Insurance
- Participation in a 401(k)
- Annual Salary Review
The Registered Nurse promotes the physical and mental health of patients through the assessment, development and coordination of clinical care maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
- Assesses the patient; collects and documents the patient’s current health status and medical history.
- Formulates individualized plan of care for each patient.
- Evaluates outcomes consistent with policy and appropriate patient conditions.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of care to patients, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patients, family members and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Standard Hours: Full-time & PRN; 0 - 40.0 hours per week
Shift: Night shifts including weekend rotation (may be required to work holidays and extended hours to meet patient care needs)
License or Certification:
- Current state (or multistate) licensure as a Registered Nurse. CARN certification preferred.
- AHA BLS certification
- CPI certification per company policy.
- Valid Drivers’ License required per company policy.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree in Nursing.
- 2 years of experience working as a registered nurse including some medical/surgical experience and awareness of the needs of chronically, mentally ill.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General Office Equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment.
- Adheres to the company’s Compliance Code of Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certification, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times. Occasional exposure to high risk behaviors that may result in agitation, aggression or violence.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and night shifts, if needed.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after the workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities