Promise Neighborhood Program Director
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000 based on qualifications and experience
The Lancaster Promise Neighborhood Program Director's duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, being responsible for the overall project management, working with the advisory committee, assisting with data collection, monitoring subcontracts, scheduling, budgeting, and reporting as well as the following:
The Advisory Board of Promise Neighborhood
· Will manage the work plan as outlined in the US Department of Education approved grant under the direction of the Promise Neighborhood Advisory Board.
· Will integrate project evaluation into all work and data-based decision-making throughout the project and make suggestions as to additions and revisions to the Promise Neighborhood Advisory Board. In addition, compile and maintain data related to program operations and status towards project benchmarks.
· Work with school and community partners to design, schedule, and advertise all Promise Neighborhood-related meetings and events.
· Promote accountability to all project partners and service providers towards meeting project benchmarks.
· Work with school and community committees/groups to develop and manage strategies for achieving Promise Neighborhood milestones' and create opportunities to celebrate the team's successes along the way.
· Will complete formative assessments and any additional project documentation throughout each phase with input from the evaluation consultant.
· Develop and maintain regular communication with the Promise Neighborhood grant designee, the Advisory Committee, and any other community partners.
· In conjunction with the Promise Neighborhood Marketing and Promotion coordinator, will manage project records, including communication materials, strategic documents, public meeting summaries, and other records.
- Commitment to the goals, values, and approach of Promise Neighborhood
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and outcome-driven professional
- Experience in community planning, community development, or other related fields
- Knowledge and experience related to any or all segments of the cradle to college and career pipeline
- Knowledge and familiarity of the community, comfort in working in various neighborhood settings with diverse socioeconomic populations
- Experience with public outreach and community organizing
- Experience with project design, management, and evaluation
- Experience working with and coordinating teams and committees
- Familiarity with innovative planning tools and processes, particularly as they relate to community engagement
- Skills in active listening
- Excellent oral and written skills and comfort speaking publicly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with bringing together a wide variety of groups and diverse constituencies to achieve common goals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with a variety of communication technologies, including online formats and social media
- Willingness to travel and work evenings or weekends; the expectation of being available as needed relative to ongoing programming and activities
- Bachelor's degree required and master's preferred; Equivalent experience considered
From time to time, the incumbent may be assigned special duties by a superior or, temporarily, may be asked to assist other employees occupying a different position. Overtime work will be required on occasion. This position description should not be construed as an all-inclusive statement of every task involved in the position but as a fair representation of the great majority of the work.
Physical Requirements: Tasks involve frequent walking, standing, and carrying (10-20 lbs.); manual dexterity in using fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop and office equipment; may involve extended periods of sitting at a keyboard.
Letter of Interest
Resume to include the names and contact information of at least three references
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE POSITION OR THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please send an email message to: PNSearch29720@gmail.com